Sr. Project Manager
Our client has an immediate for a contract Project Manager to plan, execute, and close projects according to established deadlines and budgets. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define execute and close projects in accordance with the GPI Technologies Project Management Method.
- Definition and Planning
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Communicate with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverable s.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitment if necessary during project cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver accurate progress reports weekly.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, schedule and cost, identify risks, and establish contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Bachelors Degree required
- PMP certification preferred
- At least 5 years direct work experience as a formal Project Manager, including all aspects of project planning and execution.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Experience managing software development and integration projects
- Experience with Oracle ERP suite and/or implementing third party systems
- Experience with HR related projects a plus
- Familiarity with multiple system delivery models including Waterfall, Agile, Iterative, and Incremental.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Strong familiarity with project management software such as Microsoft Project or HP PPM.
- Experience working in a PMO environment preferred
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Can adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of stakeholders, team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating. Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team and stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.