Part Time Special Events Coordinator
The Special Events Coordinator assists the Special Events Manager in creating memorable experiences in downtown Raleigh through unique outdoor events. The Event Coordinator position requires a highly-motivated, goal-oriented, creative problem-solver who thrives under the normal pressures associated with outdoor events. This position is with Downtown Raleigh Alliance, and the chosen candidate will be responsible for the success of the Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market, the Raleigh Winterfest, and the City Plaza Movie Series (to be launched in 2014). For each of these events, the Coordinator has a specific role for each event.
- Raleigh Winterfest: Develops and implements every aspect of a written volunteer plan that includes volunteer recruitment and volunteer leadership
- Farmer’s Market – Assist the Special Events Manager in the set-up and break down of the market (Wednesdays 7am-5pm, April to October)
- Outdoor Movie Series – Create and oversee the volunteer plan and the vendor management plan
- Providing clerical support, such as data entry and management, correspondence, and support at meetings such as the City Plaza Advisory Committee
- Assist with soliciting non-profits, vendors, and entertainment acts in a timely manner and prepare contact lists for those contacts as needed
- Assisting with event site design, program planning, and logistical details on an as needed basis
- Volunteer Recruitment: The candidate should have a track record of success in recruiting more volunteers than are needed for the event through their tenacity, systematic approaches to identifying great volunteers, and customer service in terms of treating volunteers as special contributors to the success of the event.
- Volunteer Leadership: The candidate should possess strong leadership traits that inspire volunteers to be responsive, on-time and happy when they complete their duties.
- Outdoor Events experience – has deep experience in developing and implementing a volunteer recruitment plan for an event
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Computer literacy in Word and Excel
- Preferred experience with database software for event planning particularly volunteer management