Job Number: 18591
Our client located in RTP, NC has an immediate need for a Procurement/Subcontract Specialist. This is a 3 month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension.
- The Procurement/Subcontract Specialist will procure equipment, materials, services and supplies necessary for operation of the organization and in support of prime agreements. Responsibilities include:
- Procure equipment, materials, services and supplies necessary for operation of the organization and in support of prime agreements.
- Compile data to determine feasibility of buying products
- Compile information from periodicals, catalogues, and other sources to keep informed on price competitiveness,
- Recommend suppliers, analyze trends, follow up on orders placed, verify delivery, approve payment, and maintain necessary records.
- Negotiate and execute simple agreements.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Negotiate and execute standard and moderately complex agreements;
- Support other project work as requested by the Global Supply Chain Management Team;
- Establish and/or monitor compliance metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ related experience;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel;
- Have general understanding of the FAR, applicable CFRs, UCC and their application to relevant procurements;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to travel several times throughout the year to domestic and/or international locations, if requested;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, project staff, suppliers and clients;
- Proficient interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently within scope of job description;
- Knowledge of procurement/contracts principles and terminology as well as basics of contracts administration and finance or accounting;
- Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail, to prioritize workload and follow tasks through to completion;
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances if required as noted by contracts;
- Ability to understand and negotiate procurement agreements;
- Ability to draft basic contracting terms.
- Exemplary verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish language is highly preferred.