Sr. Virtualization Engineer
Our client has an immediate need for a Sr. Virtualization Engineer. This person will perform large scale enterprise engineering of desktop workplace technologies and deliver via virtualization. In addition they will provide technical leadership to engineering team, management, vendors, operations staff, peers, business users and application developers.
- Design, engineer and optimize end user computing workplace technology solutions.
- Plan enterprise desktop systems management software and architecture.
- Partner with Capacity Management team to ensure business and customer expectations are maintained and exceeded.
- Evaluate and recommend new products and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Identify and resolve complex server or storage problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Bachelor’s Computer Science, Information Systems or related, or 8 years equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional.
- Citrix Certified XenApp Administrator or Certified XenDesktop Administrator.
- 3+ years experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server.
- 3+ years experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting end-user virtualization technologies (Citrix XenApp and or Citrix XenDesktop).
- 3+ years experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of desktop client operating systems (Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7 and or Windows 8
- Travel: 10%