Sr. Microsoft Application Engineer
Job Number: 18800
Our client is seeking an experienced Microsoft Application Engineer to design and implement application infrastructure, and oversee shared and standalone Windows environments.
- Planning, sizing, implementing and problem solving for new applications
- Partner with internal and external technical experts in fields such as Networking, Application Development and Security
- Gather and document business requirements of application characteristics, including third-party software requirements, back end resources, and means of implementation.
- Research, tool development and documentation for future Windows Server environments
- Design web hardware infrastructure and author design documents for guiding through the approval process.
- Provide technical support to web application developers when required. This includes promoting use of best practices, ensuring standardization across applications and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide assistance and training to lower-level web engineers. This includes creating standardized processes to simplify and standardize support engineers' role, and providing guidance to engineers from disciplines such as networking, database management, middleware etc.
- Hands-on implementation and trouble-shooting of new environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related discipline), or 7 years of equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with web/application server technologies running on Windows operating systems.
- 5+ years experience with Windows operating system (Win2k3, Win2k8) configuration, maintenance and diagnostics, including knowledge of Powershell.
- 5+ years of experience in design and trouble-shooting of web base systems.
- TRICARE certification - can be obtained within 3 months of employment.
- Microsoft certifications: MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP etc.
- Familiarity with SiteMinder.
- Knowledge of the capabilities of current state network devices (load-balancers, DNS).
- Familiarity with ITIL principles and Remedy ITSM (or similar) ticketing systems.
- Past experience in project management, Leadership, communication skills appreciated.
- Travel: 10%