Senior Database Administrator MS SQL Server
Our fortune 100 client is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to create physical databases on MS SQL database technologies. Design and implement back-up, recovery, archiving, conversion strategies, and performance tuning. Define and develop database standards, policies and procedures. Optimize database by providing solutions utilizing new database features and functionality.
- Manages and maintains data in all production and non-production databases and replication servers.
- Manages the design and distribution, performance, replication, security, availability and access requirements for large complex databases.
- Designs and develops physical layers of various databases making use of advanced features such as partitioning.
- Handles testing, reporting, back-up and restores.
- Provides technical assistance and mentoring to staff in all aspects of database management.
- Consults and advises application development teams on database design, security, query optimization and performance.
- Performs performance tuning by analyzing database and OS performance and implementing tuning and optimization recommendations.
- Optimizes physical model to ensure efficient and reliable database performance.
- Manages the upgrades and installs of DBMS software.
- Provides monitoring and capacity management of the database.
- Performs DB support activities in partnership with internal and external service providers.
- May require TRICARE certification for support of applications associated with the healthcare program serving uniformed service member, retirees and their families.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline preferred or 10 years of equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ related experience in IT including experience with MS SQL Server, Windows operating systems and scripting.
- MS Office; intermediate to advanced skills with Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Strong scripting skills as relevant to DBA functions and activities.
- Previous experience in insurance, financial services or management consulting organizations a plus.
- Previous experience effectively leading or participating in matrixed teams.
- Operational, service and technical knowledge in multiple Information Technology disciplines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- 10 – 20%