Job Number: 18989
$20.00 to $23.00
Our client located in RTP, NC has an immediate need for a HVAC Technician. This is a long term contract opportunity.
- The HVAC Technician will perform corrective and preventive maintenance for equipment associated with office and laboratory buildings, central steam and chilled water plants.
- Assist with installation, servicing, modification, rebuilding, and repairing of air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment.
- Assist with performing periodic inspections to locate and determine cause of equipment malfunctions.
- Performs preventive maintenance to prevent failure of equipment such as air handlers, pumps, centrifugal compressors, cooling towers and boilers.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems with systems and equipment
- Adhere to safe work practices when lifting, climbing ladders, working, confined spaces, etc.
- Operate service vehicles to deliver parts/supplies.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment/tools/supplies; identify and properly use hand and power tools.
- Use electronic work ticket system daily to document actions performed, completes time sheet and required written reports accurately and responds to email messages.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years of commercial, industrial or institutional HVAC maintenance experience
- Ability to read and interpret building drawings and specifications
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Current CFC EPA license desirable
- Must be able to lift tools and equipment. Must be able to climb ladders and move through limited access spaces. Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment