Field Calibration and Repair Technician
Our client in RTP is seeking a Field Calibration and Repair Technician for their team in a direct hire capacity. This position reports to the Service Manager or Branch Office Lead and is responsible for calibrating, troubleshooting, repairing and installing all equipment both in-house and at customer sites. Field travel requirements are up to 75%. Troubleshoot and repair to board level and limited component level repair when required. Service, calibrate and repair electro-mechanical equipment and misc. types of laboratory equipment. Interface with customers for both sales and service in person, in writing, and on the phone.
- Perform repairs and calibrations on various nuclear and non-nuclear precision measuring devices.
- Communicates service capabilities to customers.
- Calls on prospective and long-term customers to sell additional services and service contracts.
- Meets turnaround and overall service goals.
- Works with team leaders to ensure the key measures are being achieved.
- Provide customer service support.
- Perform shipping and receiving functions for equipment serviced.
- Be willing to cross-train and learn other skills.
- Provide training to customers on service and calibration as required.
- Works closely with Production Department personnel and assists with production calibration as needs require.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 year Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
- Sales and Customer Service experience.
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and be self-motivated.
- Must be willing to attend additional training as required and offered.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Windows-based applications.