Laboratory testing facility located in RTP is in search of a Specimen Accessioner to work in outer lab area processing specimen samples. Candidate will work directly with open containers. Available shifts and hours will vary based on need. Weekend availability is highly preferred and candidates may be subject to overtime.
- Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing
- Unpacks specimens from branches or ports and routes specimens by type to various staging areas
- Prepares all specimens received for testing in designated laboratory departments
- Maintains logs and data in system
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Candidates subject to criminal background check and pre-employment drug test. Resume and High School diploma or equivalent required for this opportunity.